Shark Angels operate without prejudice towards race, color, nationality, religious belief, or any other consideration.The issues facing sharks are global - not cultural - in nature.
1. Address the issues from a positive, balanced perspective
2. Practice understanding and tolerance while protecting sharks and with those that share our passion.
3. Create positive change through inclusive, non-discriminatory and highly effective campaigns.
4. Ensure cultural sensitivities - and are responsible and respectful.
5. Are accurate, factual, thoughtful and reasonable - and rise above politics.
6. Educate and build awareness rather than condemn. Work with – not against.
7. Unite the passion of many to make a difference - make shark conservation contagiously fun.
8. Present solutions and provide alternatives.
9. Provide very meaningful ways to make a difference.
10. Partner with organizations who share our positive approach - and consolidate resources and energy.
11. Are not extreme - and understand often conservation comes in many shades of grey.
We ABSOLUTELY DO NOT condone any form of discrimination, threats, violence or abuse. Nor will we tolerate it.
We know if you are a Shark Angel, you agree with us. But, we encourage you to read more about our perspective to become educated – and help reach out to others who may not be as enlightened.
We believe that to be effective, individuals and conservation groups should rise above petty politics, selfish egos and work together. Only with all of us working together can we make a difference in the problems concerning our oceans. Discrediting fellow conservationists from the cause with vicious rumors only serves to divert attention away from the real issues. This only punishes the animals we are supposedly, collaboratively, protecting.
Telephone: +1 917 546 6618
315 East 91st Street
New York, NY 10128
501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization